The Fluid Bed Dryer are most suitable for drying granular, crystalline, coarse or similar material in pharmaceuticals, fine chemicals, dyes, food and allied products. Suitable for drying humidity from powder raw material in Pharmaceutical, foodstuff, feed, chemical industries, etc .Semi-liquid materials, large granules, small blocks and adhesive material. Fluid bed Dryer can be supplied with Upgradation to be used as processor(Vertical Spray / Bottom Spray Granulation).Pharmaceuticals granules or crystals containing free moisture can be easily dried as per customer’s requirement.
“ Pharma FabTM Industries “ Fluid Bed Dryer involves fast drying, cooling and agglomeration of particulate materials. It is ideal for heat sensitive and non heat sensitive products in Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals and Biochemical, Food and Dairy Industries. The Fluid Bed Dryer have a bed of solid particles which are fluidized by passing a stream of air upward through a specially designed perforated sheet. The upward velocity of air is so maintained so as to slightly lift the solid particles and set them in motion. This motion can be utilized to bring about mixing as well as forward movement of the solids particles. The air is heated and the process hot air evaporates the fluid and dries the solids. Fines get agglomerated to larger granules particles thus providing large size
The wet material is loaded into the product container which is provided with air distributor plate and Dutch weave mesh. Fresh air-to-product-contact is filtered by means of 3-Way filtration process i.e. through coarse filter , 5 micron filters and the HEPA Filter 0.3 microns . Air is heated by means of heater (steam or electrical). This hot air then passes through the product container, creating turbulence in the product and hence product moves up and down in the product container. Due to this the heat transfer is quick and the product is dried fast without appreciable heat loss. Filter bag prevents particle escaping from the dryer.
The machine is designed with correct volume of bowl, air velocity, direction and the temperature of the clean inlet air is maintained throughout the fluidization, retarding, and expansion chambers, filtration area, pitch of the perforations of the plate at the bottom of product container, the leak-proof fluidization space by proper sealing, material of the filters and process controls with electrical & pneumatically.
The uniform drying is achieved by exposing the full surface of every particles of the solid mass to the incoming high velocity of hot air.
Option for the process parameters are controlled by using latest PLC controls with HMI touch screen thus making equipment operationally safe and eliminating the possibility of human error. The process consistency with batch records is maintained for every batch every time.
The equipment can be inbuilt CIP system gives a thoroughly cleaned equipment for every batch eliminating contamination of subsequent batches.
Salient Features :
- The capacity ranging from 5 /10 / 30 / 60 / 120 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 500/ 650 / 1000 Kgs., with Steam Steam Heating / Electrical Heating
- Design as per GMP and cGMP model
- MOC : SS 304 , SS 316 , SS 316 L Quality
- Contact parts SS 316 / 316L and Non Contact SS 304 .
- Single piece construction with Integrated retarding expansion chamber cum filter bag housing
- Monoblock Construction: Retarding chamber and expansion chamber are made in single piece construction as per cGMP and it helps to facilitate hygienic cleaning.
- Exhaust air blower with dynamically balanced impeller..
- Pneumatic Sealing of Filter (Finger) Bag and Product container is given by inflatable silicon rubber tube.
- Inlet Air handler with Air Filter- Micro, HEPA and Heat Exchanger Steam or Electric.
- Pre air filtration by 20 micron filters and secondary by 0.5 micron. ( Final air filtration through HEPA of 0.3 micron filters as an optional features.)
- The materials volumes varies during drying process due to the hot temperature of air .
- For High pressure backward curve blower arrangement is given.
- Built in Explosion vents and isolation valve protect equipment.
- Filter bag (Finger Bag ) is washable
- Auto pneumatic filter bag shacking system. ( as an optional )
- Automatic Temperature controls for Inlet Air and Process cycle time controls.
- Electric Control and Pneumatic controls panel.
Bowl / Product Container
- Product bowl is a frustrom of cone in conical shaped manufactured having stainless steel mesh support along with fine finish air mesh.
- The product container Trolley is of Tubular construction pipe mounted on polypropylene castor wheel (2 nos. fixed & 2 nos. Swivel ) which imparts rigidity to carry the product container with the charged load.
- The batch loading capacity is always higher in case Fluid Bed dryer, because of better fluidisation by varying the frequently shaking of the finger bags. Shaking period vary depending on the nature of products.
A solid ‘D’ shaped food type silicon rubber gasket is provided in the groove of the flanged joint (between the product container and the retarding chamber) to prevent any leakage of air with fine particles during operation.
Uniform Lifting Of Container
Product container is lifted by specially designed arrangement with the help of one centrally fitted pneumatic cylinder which ensures uniform lifting throughout the periphery of the container which ultimately gives uniform upward pressure to the solid ‘D’ shaped Rubber Gasket, thereby preventing any leakage during operation.
Auto Bag Shaking Device
Pneumatic cylinder is used for auto shaking device of the finger bags and is mounted on the body and is fitted with a wire rope guided by pulleys thus rendering the shaking extremely efficient. It also brings down the finger bags to such a level that these can be inspected very easily form the bottom of the retarding chamber. If the shaking is not efficient, the particles will be retained in the finger bags and there will be no proper fluidisation resulting in formation of lumps in the products container.
Air Handling Unit
Blower and filter with heating arrangement are housed in the rear chamber. They can also be housed the services zone , to avoid sound pollution as well as to avoid interference of the maintenance people in the production zone.
Centrifugal type blower fan with dynamically balanced impeller and backward curved blades. All Stainless steel construction. Direct coupled non—flameproof electric drive. Anti – vibration mounting and independent sub-support frame.
Free standing unit constructed from aluminium anodised frame work with doubled skinned panels. All wall panels are cross based for added strength. Quick release panels provided for inspection and maintenance access.
The air intake section has a full face external flange for attachment of angle intact, or and extended inlet air duct.
Inlet system compression of 20 Micron washable filter. Followed by 5 micron prefilter, then pass through heating coil section containing a full air duct steam operated heater, constructed with stainless steel tubes and headers and a steel casing (SS-304). The moving process air passes through the steam heater to achieve the desired temperature. to match the inlet to the processing unit. PT 100 temperature sensing probe will be fitted into the air Transition duct and areconnected upto the control panel.
As per international practices the equipment is provided with a rapture disc as measures of explosion Vent, Tested at 2 Bar pressure, mounted on the side of the dryer.
Earthing device of spring type is provided with the dryer however intrinsically safe earthing device with low voltage relay is also available.
Electro Pneumatic Control Panel
- Control panel having the following controls.
- Inlet air temperature controller.
- Blower motor, start & stop.
- Compressed air pressure guages.
- Filter bag shaking timer
- Solenoid valves etc.
- Exhaust air temperature indicator
- Product bowl lifting & lowering valve.
- Process air Damper regulation
Programme Logic Control System
Semi-automated and fully automated PLC and PLC / PC control system are available for selection at an appropriate level of additional cost. (OPTION)
Optional Features :
- Additional Product container.
- Controlled by Advance PLC controls with touch screen or with printer
- Double scan Air Heating Unit with Dehumidifier.
- Steam or Electric Heater
- Pneumatic bag shaking arrangement
- Exhaust AHU with Filter
- Online sampling port in the product container
- Silencer at exhaust blower.
- CIP - WIP system.
- Explosion proof motor and push button.
Solid Flow Sensor :
To detect leak on filter bags to avoid material loss and air pollution.Differential Pressure gauge for filter. Standard model machine with contact parts in SS 304 & Non contact parts epoxy painted.
Safety Features :
- Air pressure switch installed to ensure pressure is in limit.
- Overload relay Protection and Emergency stop button.
- Product Bowl interlocking mechanism.
- Automatic Temperature & controls, Process cycle controls.
- Solid Flow Control system
- Explosion flap ensure at retarding chamber.
- Safe earthling system for static current.